Full CV (includes publications list)
Publications in refereed journals
- Safe options and gender differences in risk attitudes [with Antonio Filippin], Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, forthcoming.
- What are you calling intuitive? Subject heterogeneity as a driver of response times in an impunity game [with Werner Güth], Journal of Economic Psychology, forthcoming
- The Acceptability of Accountability [with John Bone, John Hey and Carmen Pasca] Constitutional Political Economy, forthcoming
- The long-term effects of self pledging in reward crowdfunding [with Tobias Regner], Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Volume 165, April 2021. Published version.
- Attacking the weak or the strong? An experiment on the targets of parochial altruism [with Simon Varaine, Ismaël Benslimane, Raul Magni-Berton], Political Behavior, forthcoming. Ungated version.
- Central Tendency Bias in Belief Elicitation [with Antonio Filippin, Peter Katuscak, John Smith], Journal of Economic Psychology, Volume 78, June 2020. Published version. Ungated version.
- The experience matters: participation-related rewards increase the success chances of crowdfunding campaigns [with Tobias Regner], Economics of Innovation and New Technology, forthcoming. Published version. Ungated version.
- Modelling the impact of different front-of-package nutrition labels on mortality from non-communicable chronic disease [with Manon Egnell, Tania d’Almeida, Emmanuelle Kesse-Guyot, Mathilde Touvier, Bernard Ruffieux, Serge Hercberg, Laurent Muller, Chantal Julia], International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity, 16:56.
- Nutritional and economic impact of 5 alternative front-of-pack nutritional labels: experimental evidence [with Anne Lacroix, Laurent Muller, Bernard Ruffieux], forthcoming, European Journal of Agricultural Economics
- A flexible z-Tree and oTree implementation of the Social Value Orientation Slider Measure [with Ori Weisel and Fabian Winter], forthcoming, Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Finance.
- Representation effects in the Centipede game [with Marco Mantovani], Published online October 4th, 2018, PLOS One.
- It’s never too late: funding dynamics and self pledges in crowdfunding. [with Tobias Regner], Research Policy, Volume 47, Issue 8, October 2018, Pages 1463-1477. Working Paper version.
- Choosing not to compete: Can firms maintain high prices by confusing consumers? [with Alexia Gaudeul], Journal of Economics, Management and Strategy, Volume 26, issue 4, Winter 2017, Pages 897-922.
- Better stuck together or free to go? Of the stability of cooperation when individuals have outside options. [with Alexia Gaudeul and Gerhard Riener], Journal of Economic Psychology, Volume 59, April 2017, Pages 99–112. Final version.
- The Sound of Others: Surprising Evidence of Conformist Behavior [with Antonio FIlippin], Southern Economic Journal, Volume 83, Issue 4, April 2017, pages 1038–51. Final version. A somewhat older version can be found on IDEAS.
- Modification des achats alimentaires en réponse à cinq logos nutritionnels [with Anne Lacroix, Laurent Muller, Bernard Ruffieux], Cahiers de Nutrition et de Diététique, forthcoming.
- A Reconsideration of Gender Differences in Risk Attitudes [with Antonio Filippin], Management Science, volume 62, Issue 11, November 2016, pages 3138-3160. Online first version here. A somewhat older but free access version can be found on IDEAS.
- A Theoretical and Experimental Appraisal of Four Risk Elicitation Methods [with Antonio Filippin], Experimental Economics, September 2016, Volume 19, Issue 3, pp 613–641. Online first version here. A somewhat older but free access version can be found on IDEAS.
- Intellectual property rights hinder sequential innovation: experimental evidence [with Julia Brueggemann, Lukas Meub and Kilian Bizer], Research Policy, Volume 45, Issue 10, December 2016, Pages 2054–2068. Final version. A somewhat older version can be found on IDEAS, SSRN.
- Helping consumers with a front-of-pack label: numbers or colours? Experimental comparison between Guideline Daily Amount and Traffic Light in a diet-building exercise [with Laurent Muller and Bernard Ruffieux], Journal of Economic Psychology, Volume 55, August 2016, Pages 30–50. Online first version here. A somewhat older but free access version can be found on IDEAS.
- A Monetary Measure of the Strength and Robustness of the Attraction Effect
[with Alexia Gaudeul], Economics Letters, Volume 149, December 2016, Pages 38–43. Final version. A pre-print version can be found here.
- Click’n’Roll: No Evidence of Illusion of Control [with Antonio Filippin], De Economist, September 2016, Volume 164, Issue 3, pp 281–295. Final version. The working paper version can be found on IDEAS.
- Réponses des consommateurs à trois systèmes d’étiquetage nutritionnel face avant [with Laurent Muller and Bernard Ruffieux], Cahiers de Nutrition et de Diététique, Vol.51, no.3, June 2016, pages 124-131. Final version.
- A Study of Outcome Reporting Bias Using Gender Differences in Risk Attitudes [with Antonio Filippin and Janna Heider], CESifo Economic Studies, Volume 61 Issue 1 (2015). Published version here. A somewhat older but free access version can be found on IDEAS.
- The ‘Bomb’ Risk Elicitation Task [with Antonio Filippin] Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Volume 47, Issue 1, pp 31-65 (2013). Final version on Springer. A somewhat older but free access version can be found on IDEAS, SSRN.
Publications in refereed conference proceedings
- To patent or not to patent: a pilot experiment on incentives to copyright in a sequential innovation setting, Open Source Software: New Horizons. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology. Volume 319, pp 53-72 (2010). Final version on Springer. A somewhat different (but larger and free access) version can be found on IDEAS, SSRN.
- Fast then Slow: A Choice Process Explanation for the Attraction Effect [with Alexia Gaudeul], GAEL Working Paper 2019-06. Find it here.
- Motives of Sanctioning: Equity and Emotions in a Public Good Experiment with Punishment [with Werner Güth, Luigi Mittone and Matteo Ploner], Jena Economic Research Paper JERP 2012-046. Find it on IDEAS, SSRN.
- Turning private vices into collective virtues: a simple model and an experiment on the SourceForge development community, University of Milan DEAS Working Paper 14-2009. Find it on IDEAS, SSRN.
Work in Progress
- Social norms, social multipliers and nutrition public policies: an experiment [with Laurent Muller]
- Experimental evaluation of the performance of nutritional labels and price policies [with Bernard Ruffiex and Laurent Muller]
- Individual versus Collective Punishment: an Intergroup Public Good Experiment [with Werner Güth and Luigi Mittone]
European studies (in Italian)
- Il ‘miracolo americano’ della produttività e l’Europa. Fine della convergenza?, Biblioteca della Libertà XLI, n.184, Luglio – Settembre 2006. Find it in Italian on BdL website or, in a slightly earlier version as a URGE Working Paper (WP 3-2005)
- La Direttiva Bolkestein: vicissitudini e problemi aperti, Biblioteca della Libertà XLII, n.186, Gennaio – Marzo 2007. Find it in Italian on BdL website (as part of a special section on Bolkestein Directive) or on URGE website.
Transition Economics – Studi-paese (in Italian)
- Capitolo 8: Russia, (with C. Boffito and F. Chiesa) in Assetto Produttivo, Competitività e Crescita nei Paesi in Transizione, CIRPET (Centro Interdipartimentale di Ricerca sui Paesi Emergenti e in Transizione), Università di Torino, 2004. Find it in Italian on CIRPET website.
- Capitolo 9: Ucraina, (with F. Chiesa) in Assetto Produttivo, Competitività e Crescita nei Paesi in Transizione, CIRPET (Centro Interdipartimentale di Ricerca sui Paesi Emergenti e in Transizione), Università di Torino, 2004. Find it in Italian on CIRPET website.
- Competition and cooperation: Italian SMEs go international, presented at the UNECE Expert Meeting on Good Governance for SMEs‘, UNECE, Geneva, 1-2 April 2004. Find it (in English) on the CIRPET website.
- The Case for Weaker IP Regulations, an invited article appeared on The Transatlantic.
- L’importanza economica della peer production (in Italian), an introductory article on QuadranteFuturo about the Open Source movement and Open Content over the Internet.
- Russia. Fine della ricostruzione, inizio di una nuova era? (in Italian), the summary of a presentation held at the Luigi Einaudi centre in Torino about Putin’s Russia.
- Data analysis on the 2009 European Parliamentary Elections (in Italian). The reports can be found here (written just before the ballot) and here (with an analysis of results).